Tulsa, Okla., April 28, 2009 - Thrifty Car Rental, a subsidiary of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. (NYSE: DTG), today took the wraps off its recently retooled Web site, THRIFTY.com. The streamlined THRIFTY.com debuts with new features that will greatly enhance consumers’ driving experience on the site, including:
- Improved “Cars” display: the “Our Cars” section has been greatly enhanced, providing Flash images of vehicles and a 360-degree view (domestic vehicles only). Customers can select from exterior or interior views, and are presented with a comprehensive list of car features along with passenger and luggage capacity and fuel efficiency ratings.
- Predictive-text location search: with minimal typing (as little as three characters), consumers will be more than happy to let THRIFTY.com do the driving as it offers up suggestions for city/locations. Consumers will be well on their way to booking a completed reservation in no time.
- Improved “Specials” section: visit the “Deals” page and sort promotional offers by specific location. Special offers are sorted by domestic or international, and those that are in conjunction with Thrifty’s airline, hotel and other partners.
- “Location” section upgraded: once the location is selected, consumers have the ability to view all nearby locations, along with interactive maps for each specific location.
- Refined look-and-feel, resulting in a streamlined reservation process that will speed consumers through the process faster than ever before, offering improved look-and-feel to streamline the reservation process; and
- Real-time rate calculation: the site displays price changes as rental options like child safety seats and GPS are added to the reservation.
“The new THRIFTY.com is built for speed and offers a customer experience that is second to none,” said Charlie Coniglio, Vice President, Marketing and eCommerce. “Our goal is to provide consumers with as much information up front as possible so they can make the best car rental decision. At the same time, we have optimized the experience and cut out the clutter. We think visitors to THRIFTY.com will be very pleased, particularly with the great rates and variety of vehicles.”
About Thrifty Car Rental
Thrifty Car Rental is a subsidiary of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc., a Fortune 1000 Company headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Together with its corporately-owned locations and those of its franchise owners, the Thrifty Car Rental brand serves value-conscious travelers from 1,042 locations in 74 countries. For more information, visit www.thrifty.com or www.dtag.com.