Use my Thrifty Blue Chip Rewards Points
Mobile Devices: Road Trip Toys for the Gadget Guru
Back in the day, the only extras you’d need to pack into the rental car for a road trip were comfy pillows, some books, and maybe a few toys and snacks for the family. But this is the 21st century – and there are plenty of road trip toys perfect for the gadget guru. Here are seven “must-haves”:
- GPS Navigation Systems. Forget about asking for directions or juggling that clumsy map. With dozens of portable navigation systems for your car, you’ll never be lost again.
- Hands-free Devices. It’s best not to take your eyes off the road while traveling. That’s why you should invest in a hands-free device for your cell phone. There are many brands and styles to choose from – just make sure they’re compatible with your phone.
- Portable DVD Player. Keep the backseat drivers busy with a portable DVD player. Whether you want to mount it in the backseat or invest in the players built into the headrests, it’s a perfect solution to the burning question: “Are we there yet?”
- Pocket-sized Wireless Router. Tap into any Wi-Fi hot zone with a portable wireless router. You can even hook it up to the connection in your hotel room so the whole family can share.
- Satellite Phone. Stay connected even when your cell phone loses its signal with a handheld satellite phone. They work pretty much anywhere, even when your regular mobile device won’t, so you can call for help in case of emergency.
- Picnic Coolers & Totes. Think of it as sustenance on wheels. Many manufactures offer rolling “luggage” for your food. With features like insulation to keep food and drinks cold and storage for plates, cutlery, salt and pepper shakers – even wine (not for the driver!), you can enjoy a meal on wheels.
- Hand-held Diagnostic Tool. Imagine driving in the middle of nowhere, when your check-engine light comes on, for example. A handheld diagnostic tool for your car is the perfect solution for long trips. Just plug it in and, in a few seconds, it will scan your car for any problems. That way, you’ll know if it’s serious, or just a minor malfunction.
Whether you’re a gadget guru, or you just want to feel safe on the road, these fun gadgets offer peace of mind and convenience.