Is this your first time to rent a car, or even your first time in a while? Thrifty Car Rental makes the reservation and rental process fast, easy and convenient.
Learn what steps to take from reserving your car to dropping it off.
Step 1: Reserve a car.
There are several ways to book a car from Thrifty Car Rental. We have locations in airports, cities, and suburbs all across the world. You can always rent a car at the counter from any of our locations, but to ensure that you get what you really want, reserve ahead of time online, by calling 1-800-THRIFTY, or through a travel agent.
To rent a vehicle from us, you must have a valid drivers license and a major credit card in your name. If you are under 25 years old, a daily surcharge applies. Don't forget to earn rewards by signing up for our Blue Chip Express Rental Program and earn free rentals from Thrifty, or earn frequent flyer miles with your preferred airline. See our general policies for more information about renting from us.
Make an online reservation
Reserve your car in seconds online and get Thrifty's best rate, guaranteed, at www.thrifty.com. Just enter your destination in the Pick-up location box.
- Choose your arrival and departure dates.
- Then hit "GO" to see your car options and their cost.
- Select the car you want to rent and hit "GO."
- If you'd like additional equipment, such as a child seat, check the box next to the equipment option and click "GO." If no equipment is needed, do not check a box-- just click "GO" to proceed.
- Then enter your name, telephone number, and email address and hit "GO." No credit card is needed until you pick up your car.
- That's it. We'll email your confirmation number to you. Your car is reserved.
You can also search for deals online or enter your destination location to find deals available in that area.
Make your reservation by phone
To make a reservation by phone or to get a rate quote, call 1-800-THRIFTY. Quickly reserve a car with our automated voice-activated system, or speak to a telephone sales representative at any time.
Rent from the counter and other ways to rent
You can always rent through a travel agent or at at the counter of any of our locations. Just go to any Thrifty location to see our availability.
Step 2: Pick up your car.
To pick up your car, you will need to do the following:
Step 3: Driving your rental car.
- If you need roadside assistance or if you are involved in an accident, call 877-283-0898 or 1-800-THRIFTY.
- If you are new to the area, our staff will be glad to provide directions or give you maps.
- Read our safety tips for a safe drive.
- Unless you elected to have an additional driver, you are the only person authorized to drive the car.
Step 4: Return your car.
||Returning your car is quick and convenient.
- Pull the car up to the rental return. At most locations, an agent will meet you at the car and provide you with your receipt. You can also pay with a different credit card at this time if you do not want to place it on the card you provided when you picked up the vehicle. If a rental agent does not meet you, park the car and go to the counter to pay for your vehicle.
- Make sure you remove all of your personal items from the car.
- Our Thrifty shuttle, or an airport shuttle, can take you from the rental return area to your airline counter.